Testosterone for Muscle Building and the Wonders it can do to our Body
Testosterone is a hormone produced in the male body naturally in significant quantities. It is also produced in the female body in small quantities where the female hormone estrogen is dominant. It is an important tool of one’s body to grow, thrive and repair itself. It also helps to fight the signs of aging and can also lead to a robust and powerful immune system. It is one of the quintessential hormones of the male body to build muscle mass. Individuals whose levels of testosterone are normal have high energy, increased libido and enhanced performance in athletics or sports. Every guy should be maximising his testosterone levels even if he is not building muscle mass or adding size. And people who want an athletic physique and big muscles should be especially concerned with his testosterone levels. In this article we are going to tell you how you can increase your testosterone and also the added benefits that come along with it. Read on to find out more.
Benefits of testosterone on our body
The levels of testosterone in our body begin to deplete with age. They can also get significantly reduced due to stress, demanding high intensity workouts or even use of certain drugs and smoking of course. Low testosterone levels have been reported in people as young as in their late 20s. The hormone begins to deplete with age and once the natural levels falls behind, it can get converted into estrogen. This can lead to baldness, gynecomastia and growth of bodily hair. However one can enhance their levels of testosterone by boosting their endogenous levels. This can lead to improved muscle building and a host of other benefits. Testosterone has been rightly called the king of hormones in the bodybuilding industry. Down below we have mentioned the benefits of increased testosterone.
- Increased growth of muscle mass in individuals looking to add size to their muscles. It helps to increase the synthesis of protein in the body and improves the overall strength of a person. A recent study demonstrated the effect of testosterone on exercise and muscle growth. People with higher testosterone levels showed an increase in the protein synthesis in their body leading to greater absorption and fuller muscles. Thus in order to have an athletic well built look one needs to take care of his testosterone levels. It also helps one to recover faster from workouts and increases the overall energy level of the body. Thus individuals with normal or high levels of testosterone would find themselves recovering quickly after a gruelling workout for the next day. People with low testosterone levels tend to feel weak and drowsy at times and the soreness in their muscles remains for days.
- Faster metabolism of the body and increased fat loss thus giving the appearance of a more leaner look. Increased levels of testosterone have been shown to greatly increase fat burning when working out.
- It helps to improve the cognitive power of the brain, increases memory and helps the person to focus more. It increases the production of red blood cells of the body and helps to maintain and strengthen the bone density of a person.
- It also increases the sex drive of a person and supports the production of sperm.
- It increases the production of collagen in the body which leads to healthy skin and nails.
- It helps to grow hair in the male body and gives of a more masculine look.
- It helps to maintain a healthy heart and increases the blood flow.
How to increase testosterone levels in your body
Now that we have covered the benefits of testosterone, let us get to the part where you actually increase the overall levels of testosterone in your body. Individuals struggle throughout their lives in order to have a healthy testosterone level. Down below we have mentioned the best ways in which you can increase your testosterone naturally.
- Testosterone and exercise goes hand in hand. Higher levels of testosterone lead to a better exercise while a good exercise can result in elevated levels of this hormone. You should exercise not more than 4 to 5 times a week. You should also keep your time in the gym to about an hour at the most. Try to keep your reps to 9-10 times per set and do not go above 3 sets for most body parts. Also keep your cardio short and incorporate different types like running, cycling, elliptical, etc. Overtraining can have a serious impact on your testosterone levels.
- Nutrition plays a key role in improving your overall levels of testosterone. You should try to incorporate a healthy diet in your schedule. Eat food items rich in protein. Protein helps testosterone to boost and supports the growth of lean muscle mass. You can also go for food items like whole eggs, brown bread, chicken, fish, etc. Cholesterol supports the production of testosterone and keeps the heart healthy. Thus cholesterol increases testosterone and intake of food items rich in cholesterol like pasteurised butter, cheese, whole eggs etc supports the formation of testosterone in our body.
- Get plenty of sleep to recover from your workout and also to ensure your levels of testosterone in your body is stable. When an individual is well rested he has higher energy and higher hormone levels. Thus getting enough sleep is key to building a fit and athletic physique.
- There are available testosterone boosting supplements in the market which have key ingredients like fenugreek, horny goat weed or tribulus terrestris which are naturally occurring herbal substances. Ginseng root is another supplement which can be had with tea or even normal food items. The roots of the Ginseng tree has powerful nutrients which support healthy physiological functions.
Testosterone is a vital male hormone and one cannot stress upon its importance in the human body. High testosterone levels can be maintained through proper exercise and diet. It is one of the key factors in muscle building and helps one achieve his goals of having a fit physique. Efforts should be made to make individuals aware of this hormone and the way it can affect one’s life.