Flexible Dieting

IIFYM Diet – Effective Ways for Fast Weight Loss

What is Flexible Deting?

Flexible Dieting is a term used to describe an eating method. It is also know as IIFYM, an acronym for If It Fits Your Macros and it is becoming one of the popular dieting trends. IIFYM have a solid foundation of healthy, whole food based meals you enjoy. That last one is important. If you do not enjoy the food you can eat, what else is worth living for? HA! From there you can plug in the treat meals you want to splurge on and decide if it is worth your macros. Macros refer to fats, carbohydrates and proteins.

How to Approach It:

Use the 80/20 rule

Even though flexible dieting will allow you to enjoy your favorite meals, you still need to use some moderation. A good rule of thumb is let clean, unprocessed foods like lean meats, fruits and veggies make up 80% of your intake and the other 20% can come from treats like ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers and things like that. This will ensure your getting enough micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, and fiber that are very important for optimal health.

Count macros not calories

Remember, the key to flexible dieting is in tracking your macro intake not caloric intake. If you met your caloric intake without meeting your macro intake you still may not make the progress you want. It’s all about count macros.

Don’t worry about food timing

You always hear things like you shouldn’t eat a lot of carbs late at night because you’re just going to store them as fat. Another popular one is that you need to eat 6 meals a day. With flexible dieting, when you eat isn’t important as long as you get the right amount of macros for the day.

Don’t overeat on training days

Too often, people will tend to eat more on training days or if they’ve had a tough workout thinking that they’ve “earned” the right to eat more. Whether you are trying to lose fat or increase muscle, it’s important to keep your daily intake consistent regardless of how hard or long you worked out. Your caloric deficit or surplus will be more consistent and it you will make much better progress in the long run.

What are the Benefits of IIFYM?:

IIFYM diet will provide you with the freedom to choose the meals you want to eat. Lets explore some of the benefits of IIFYM here:

No restrictions. No set food that you depend on. No emotional struggle of “good or bad” foods. When you make the choice (vs. a paper diet layout) on the foods to nourish the body with, you become empowered. Yes you could spend all of your macros on pizza but then your quite limited (and possibly hungry) the rest of the day. Sometimes, the pizza is worth it! But often it is wise to make nutrient dense, low calorie, high volume (lots of food on the plate) choices because of the energy you experience.

Not ready to step out on your own completely and make “flexible” choices? No problem. Take the thinking out and use the sample meal plan from IIFYM as a guide. When ready swap one evolution nutrition meal for one of your choice. You do not have to measure and track each bite if that causes to much stress. Instead use the hand portion size guide above and stay mindful. Consistency will get you results!

Conclusion:

There are tons of much more in-depth information on the benefits of IIFYM. Most people agree that the beauty of IIFYM is that it’s flexible. At the end of the day, you only really need to focus on 3 things – carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Make it your duty to consistently hit and count macros on a daily basis and everything else will fall into place. Remember, this isn’t a diet so much as it is a lifestyle that should be both enjoyable and sustainable.

 

For an awesome guide to follow for IIFYM dieting check out => IIFYM Flexible Dieting Bodybuilding Guide

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Join over 3.000 visitors who are receiving our newsletter and learn how to optimize your blog for search engines, find free traffic, and monetize your website.
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.
Close Menu